In order to be considered for a HEAR Scholarship, all applicants must possess all of the following as a pre-requisite:
– An unweighted GPA of at or above 3.0;
– Demonstrated financial need;
– Excellent character, impeccable work ethic, and a demonstrated commitment to service;
– Reside and attend high school in the Chicagoland area;
– Must be a U.S. citizen, or due to become one before the start of college;
– Submission of ACT / SAT are optional, but if you have taken these exams, you are strongly encouraged to submit your scores. As a rule, ACT scores of at or above 22 OR SAT scores of at or above 1110 are required.
– Only applicants who are going to attend a four-year course at an accredited institution of higher education will be considered.
The HEAR Scholar isn’t necessarily class valedictorian (though s/he can be!) We look for a good all-around student who is dedicated to his community, has a strong sense of service, and who demonstrates a strong work ethic across the board. Only students of the highest character will be considered.
All applicants who fulfill the minimum requirements laid out below are encouraged to apply.
The HEAR Scholarship Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, or any other restricting classification in its selection of scholars.